Indiana Pacers did great in making their defense more perfect for the entire season when it was applied perfectly during their games with New York Knicks. As a matter of fact, in their Game 6 last Saturday, their defense produced the biggest payoff for the Pacers in nearly a decade.
Midway through the fourth quarter, Hibbert’s block of Carmelo Anthony’s dunk attempt prompted an 11-2 run that rallied the Pacers and made them achieve a 106-99 victory in Game 6 for their second-round series, resulting for them to achieve their first ever Eastern Conference final since 2004. Now that they are moving closer to the NBA finals, they must work double time in perfecting their defense even more because they can never be really confident all the time.
Lance Stephenson, on the other hand, made a score of nine points in the run and this made him finish with a playoff career-high 25.
”That’s why they pay me the big bucks this summer, so I have to protect the paint,” said Hibbert, who signed a $58 million contract last summer. “If all else fails, meaning the offense, I have to protect the paint.”
When the Pacers finally made their last score and was declared the winner for the Easter Conference finals, you can already hear the crowd chant “Beat the Heat!” However, for the Indiana Pacers, they have already set up a postseason rematch with the defending NBA champs, especially to the team that eliminated them last May after the Pacers had taken a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven semifinals. We’ll just see about that.
Share and Enjoy
News reports are coming out about Yahoo considering to purchase Tumblr for $1.1 Billion worth. The board members of Yahoo are said to be going on a shopping spree this weekend. What can you say about it?
Tumblr is known for being a microblogging platform and social networking website at the same time owned and operated by Tumblr, Inc. while Yahoo! Inc. is an American multinational internet corporation which is widely known for its web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search and related services. Yahoo is one of the most popular sites in the United States so it would be probably a great honor for Tumblr if it is going to be managed by Yahoo!
According to the report coming out, the Yahoo board is said to have a meeting this Sunday to consider purchasing Tumblr. The purchase of the said website will cost them $1.1 Billion, in an all-cash transaction for the New York-based site.
The push to purchase Tumblr is apparently coming from Yahoo president and CEO Marissa Mayer, who believes that acquiring the site will make Yahoo attractive to new, younger audiences, and it’s quite a fact because most of the younger Internet users usually go to Tumblr to post and share photos with meaningful quotations or messages.
Tumblr allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users’ blogs, as well as make their blogs private. Much of the website’s features are accessed from the “dashboard” interface, where the option to post content and posts of followed blogs appear.
We will find out on Monday if the purchase should be approved by the board.
Share and Enjoy
David Beckham, one of the world’s greatest soccer players, talks about her plan of retiring from soccer at the end of the season. His fans are not happy about this.
The football superstar is retiring from soccer by the end of the season, putting an end in his career in which he became a global superstar who transcended the sport. After recently winning in a league title in a fourth country with Paris Saint-Germain, Beckham said last Thursday that he will retire after this season.
He said in a statement, ”I’m thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level.” Beckham has two more matches left at PSG. He is donating his salary to a children’s charity, but his forays into fashion and marriage to a pop-star wife have made him become a riveting international celebrity. He began his career with Manchester United and he also played for Real Madrid and the Los Angeles Galaxy, winning titles with all those clubs.
”If you had told me as a young boy I would have played for and won trophies with my boyhood club Manchester United, proudly captained and played for my country over one hundred times and lined up for some of the biggest clubs in the world, I would have told you it was a fantasy. I’m fortunate to have realized those dreams,” Beckham said.
Share and Enjoy
When they tied at 2 after the fourth game of the Western Conference semifinals, San Antonio Spurs finally made sure that they win in this Game 5 over the Golden State Warriors. All they wanted to do is to win so coach Gregg Popovich used this as a motivation to urge his team, Spurs, to as much as possible raise their energy to almost maniacal levels because winning the battle on the boards and for loose balls was critical against the athletic opposing team.
Coach Popovich’s message really worked and made his team realize that they shouldn’t be at ease at winning most of the time. Spurs responded by outworking and outmuscling Golden State to take a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference semifinals.
Probably the NBA superstar who really worked for Spurs was Tony Parker who gained a total of 25 points with 10 assists. ”Our energy was good,” Parker said. ”We got the 50-50 ball; that was huge for us tonight. It was a tough turnaround for us in Game 4. We missed an opportunity at the end and we realize that. Tonight we played for 48 minutes.”
Other Spurs members also did their best and this includes Kawhi Leonard who scored 17 points, Danny Green who added 16 points and Tim Duncan who had 14 points and 11 rebounds. Looks like the Golden State Warriors needed more points for their next game because if Spurs wins again, then they won’t have any chance to move to the finals anymore.
Share and Enjoy
There’s no stopping Miami Heat and LeBron James from dominating the Eastern Conference semifinal after they defeated Chicago Bulls with scores 88-65 in a 3-1 series lead. Heat did not even give room for Chicago Bulls to breathe as they practically squeezed the playoff life out of them to take a commanding lead in their Eastern Conference semifinal.
If this kind of effort continues up to the next game, then Miami Heat will surely seal off this year’s NBA Semifinals. For the entire game, James scored a total of 27points while the Heat nearly matched a franchise record for having fewest points allowed in a playoff game, resulting for them to pound the listless and short-handed Bulls in Monday night’s game.
”We worked for it,” Heat forward Chris Bosh said. ”I never like to say that things are easy.” Even before, never did Bulls scored fewer than 69 in the playoff games that they have made in the past few years, nor 10 or less in a quarter during the postseason, but those marks fell on a night when they were dominated on both ends of the floor.
Miami Heat will attempt to wrap up the series with homecourt advantage on their game this upcoming Wednesday. While preparing for the Game 5 to happen on Wednesday, Heat is hoping that they will be the next step toward a second straight championship.
Share and Enjoy
You might be very excited already if who will be from your favorite candidates will win the Senatorial race for the 2013 Philippines election. This page will contain a partial and unofficial results for the 2013 National Senatorial Election. It will be updated when the data are available from its official source from COMELEC’s website or other sources.
The following are all the senatorial candidates:
- ALCANTARA, SAMSON (SJS) (SOCIAL JUSTICE SOCIETY) –
- ANGARA, EDGARDO (LDP) (LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO) –
- AQUINO, BENIGNO BAM (LP) (LIBERAL PARTY) –
- BELGICA, GRECO (DPP) (DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF THE PHILIPPINES) –
- BINAY, NANCY (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- CASIÑO, TEDDY (MKB) (MAKABAYANG KOALISYON NG MAMAMAYAN) –
- CAYETANO, ALAN PETER (NP) (NACIONALISTA PARTY) –
- COJUANGCO, TINGTING (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- DAVID, LITO (KPTRAN) (ALLIANCE FOR THE COMMON GOOD) –
- DELOS REYES,JC (KPTRAN) (ALLIANCE FOR THE COMMON GOOD) –
- EJERCITO ESTRADA, JV (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- ENRILE, JUAN PONCE JR.(NPC) (NATIONALIST PEOPLES’ COALITION) –
- ESCUDERO, CHIZ (INDEPENDENT) –
- FALCONE, BAL (DPP) (DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF THE PHILIPPINES) –
- GORDON, DICK (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- HAGEDORN, ED (INDEPENDENT) –
- HONASAN, GRINGO (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- HONTIVEROS, RISA (AKBAYAN) (AKBAYAN (CITIZENS’ ACTION PARTY)) –
- LEGARDA, LOREN (NPC) (NATIONALIST PEOPLES’ COALITION) –
- LLASOS, MARWIL (KPTRAN) (ALLIANCE FOR THE COMMON GOOD) –
- MACEDA, MANONG ERNIE (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- MADRIGAL, JAMBY (LP) (LIBERAL PARTY) –
- MAGSAYSAY, MITOS (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
- MAGSAYSAY, RAMON JR. (LP) (LIBERAL PARTY) –
- MONTAÑO, MON (INDEPENDENT) –
- PENSON, RICARDO (INDEPENDENT) –
- PIMENTEL, KOKO (PDP) (PARTIDO DEMOKRATIKO PILIPINO LAKAS NG BAYAN) –
- POE, GRACE (INDEPENDENT) –
- SEÑERES, CHRISTIAN (DPP) (DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF THE PHILIPPINES) –
- TRILLANES, ANTONIO IV (NP) (NACIONALISTA PARTY) –
- VILLANUEVA, BRO.EDDIE (BP) (BANGON PILIPINAS) –
- VILLAR,CYNTHIA HANEPBUHAY (NP) (NACIONALISTA PARTY) –
- ZUBIRI, MIGZ (UNA) (UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE) –
Here’s the partial unofficial result as 10:01pm (source: GMA News)
- POE, GRACE 8,661,942
- LEGARDA, LOREN 7,839,099
- ESCUDERO, CHIZ 7,540,957
- CAYETANO, ALAN PETER 7,466,097
- BINAY, NANCY 6,879,965
- ANGARA, EDGARDO 6,794,614
- AQUINO, BENIGNO BAM 6,446,523
- PIMENTEL, KOKO 6,283,971
- TRILLANES, ANTONIO IV 6,060,792
- EJERCITO ESTRADA, JV 5,829,657
- VILLAR, CYNTHIA HANEPBUHAY 5,788,621
- HONASAN, GRINGO 5,632,257
- GORDON, DICK 5,539,633
- ZUBIRI, MIGZ 4,974,092
- MAGSAYSAY, RAMON JR. 4,852,614
- HONTIVEROS, RISA 4,788,122
Share and Enjoy